Huber Engineered Materials, part of J.M. Huber Corporation
Specialty Ingredients and Controlled Function Inorganic Materials
Huber Engineered Materials (HEM) is a global leader in industrial chemical manufacturing and is continuously innovating and transforming to exceed client expectations and industry standards.
HEM prides itself on superior customer and technical service, while focusing on creating, developing and manufacturing superior engineered specialty ingredients. All of our industrial chemical manufacturing is executed to enhance the performance, appeal and processing of a broad range of products used in industrial, paper and consumer-based applications.
Our inorganic chemical expertise has resulted in advancing the art in specialty silica and silicates, alumina trihydrate, magnesium hydroxide, processed nutritional ingredients, barium sulfate and industrial, food grade and USP calcium carbonate.
- Pioneered the use of precipitated silica for dentifrice applications and holds dozens of patents. Currently developing silica and silicates for use as polishing and/or thickening agents in toothpastes. Huber established a milestone in dental silica history in the 1990s when its work in precipitated silica resulted in creation of entirely new US Pharmacopoeia monograph. This standard is still in place today.
- Manufactures naturally mined calcium carbonate (limestone) for use as a supplement in food, nutrition and nutraceutical formulating as well as antacid formulations in pharmaceuticals.
- Sells specialty excipients (non-active ingredients) including fast dissolve agents, carriers and glidants to drug manufacturers – prescription and over the counter.
- cGMP facilities and world-class application research and testing laboratories that have enabled the commercialization of hundreds of new product lines and brand extensions.
- Developed innovative surface treatments for minerals to improve processing and performance.
HEM recent acquisitions:
- In 2016, acquired the Martinswerk halogen-free flame retardants and specialty chemical businesses of Albemarle Corporation.
- In 2012, acquired precipitated alumina trihydrate (ATH) business in Bauxite, Arkansas from Almatis.
- In 2010, acquired the Kemgard® flame retardant and smoke suppressant business of Sherwin-Williams.
- In 2009, completed construction and held the Opening Ceremony for its new state-of-the-art silica plant located in the coastal city of Qingdao, China, in the Shandong province.
- In 2008, acquired the precipitated silica production-related assets of Changzhou City Mingfan Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. (Mingfan) in China.
- In 2005, acquired the ATH business of AluChem, Inc.
For more information about HEM and our array of products, Contact Us today!